Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Paintings!!



Hello, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been checking the blog, supporting arts alive, arts arcata, and art in general! I recently got to see the Picasso show at the De Young Museum In SF!! Over 100 Picassos in a day, including the masterpiece "Massacre in korea", talk about intense! This summer has been flying by for me, I have started a lot of pieces, been running around painting, now I have to finish all the work for the fall!!

August landscapes...
Clockwise from top left: Dolores park-SF, Backyard roses, Fog, Backyard corn, Ocean beach pier-SD, Sunset cliffs-SD, Moonrise, Coastline. All oil on canvas.

New portrait of Haile Selassie I
This summer I was lucky enough to hang my first large portrait of Haile Selassie I In a location that was very fitting. I am so grateful to be able to create and share art in this time and place, and to experience the message of reggae music. Thus, I have parted with the old piece and I have Painted a new portrait of Haile Selassie I, when he was crowned Negus Tafari, in 1928. This oil painting ~6x10', is dedicated to the strength of my partner, Lisa Kim, who constantly yet effortlessly shows me the way of Jah!


Yuma Lynch
arcata
sep 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment