Friday, December 11, 2015

Persimmons!


"persimmon study"
oil on canvas
8x10 inches

There is a beautiful tree in our neighborhood. As autumn began Lisa and I noticed the tree heavy with ripe persimmons and golden leaves. Chiding each other we joked about who would grab a branch for me to paint! One evening I came home to the most beautiful spray of fruit possible sitting on our living room table. I immediately sat down and painted a quick color study while thinking about the canvases I had available for larger paintings! The fruit stayed ripe long enough for me to complete two finished paintings, taking the remaining persimmons to thanksgiving dinner where we made a spicy habanero chutney!


"Persimmons #1"
oil on canvas
22x34 inches

"Persimmons #2"
oil on canvas
30x40 inches

And here they are seen side by side! Im really looking forward to varnishing these in 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment