Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Palm springs

A few weekends past we travelled to Palm Springs to visit my Grandmother. Upon arriving I immediately noticed a stunning 4x4 foot canvas painted with alternating stripes and strokes of purple, orange, red, and yellow. Thus the inspiration I garner from visiting my grandmother never ceases to surprise or amaze me. We talked art, family, music, society, under a few beautiful  gold paintings, which were highly conceptual in their planning and execution. As my grandmother related, you cant get to the final pieces without going through the inspired creative process first! the trip was short, but my palette was necessarily brightened by the few pieces I got a chance to paint! Truly a joyful experience, I have plans to visit again soon.

"Mt SanJacinto"
oil on panel

"Sunrise"
oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment